Saturday night was invited over to Grasshopper and Jeff's place to watch Office Space. Very interested in seeing OS as have heard a lot about it and almost everyone I know has told me to see it.
Um, well, ... I must have had higher expectations. I thought it was good, but not as great or hysterical as everyone else does. I'd heard about the sub-plot regarding the red stapler, but thought it played a bigger role. I thought the movie would be more centered on the humor of working in a coporate office, so I was a little thrown when it went off on the "computer-virus-to-steal-money-from-the-company thread (I did think the references to Superman 3 were funny, though).
After the movie, Grasshopper talked us into playing Worms Armageddon. He won both rounds, of course. It was kind of a cool game, although it took me both rounds to really get the hang of it. (Don't tell him I said so, but I'd actually like to play it again sometime!). Jeff and I teased him about the next time we'd get together, we'd make him go bowling (I was sort of serious, though--I wanna go bowling! And I think those 2 would be fun to go with).
After Worms, we watched 2 episodes of The Office (U.S. version) Season 1. I thought those were pretty funny...Jeff said it gets better in later seasons. I may have to borrow his DVDs.
A very fun evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I saw Office Space way back when it came out, and I thought it was fine. I was surprised by the huge response it had from so many young people, like teenagers. It's not exactly something I thought teens would really get. It's an okay movie that has a weird cult following like Rocky Horror Picture Show or Shawn of the Dead.
Who the hell is Grasshopper? And why don't I have some cool code name? Huh?
Worms Armageddon is not a game I'm familiar with...
Post a Comment