Erasure at First Avenue. Friday, 27 July, 2007
M went with me, got a good spot in line while waiting for club to open.
Some short guy standing next to me struck up a conversation with me...he moved to the Cities from California just two years previously and had seen Erasure half a dozen times.
Ran into Al and Elroy, was hoping I'd see them.
I knew Josh was going to be there, but never saw him at all. (Later: He saw me and was only 10 people to my right)
M and I stood right up front with Al and Elroy. Best spot, just a little to the left of center-stage.
Opening band was Young Love from New York. Very good, I thought the keyboardist was a "dishwasher"...and he had the coolest hair.
M bought the YL cd they were selling and later made a copy for me (I think they sounded better live).
I bought 3 t-shirts.
During the first song, Andy looked right at me.
They performed at least half of the new album Light At The End Of The World.
Elroy was really nice to me all night...I think deep down he still...
I sang out loud with all the songs during the whole show and was hoarse the next day.
I had the best time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment