Why aren't dreams ever about going to the bank or vacuuming or something mundane like that? They're always something everyday with bizarre twists (mine are, anyway). Funny thing is, everything in a dream always seems so logical or normal; even though after you wake up you know it all wasn't.
So last night I dreamt about Jss. Kind of bittersweet.
I'm in my parents house and opening a piece of mail addressed to me. The return address sticker has Jss's name and Duluth address. I am very nervous about what is inside. It is from my ex, after all.
Out of the envelope I pull some photographs and look through them. They are unremarkable; shots of rooms and furniture and windows of a house. When there are photos of a person, they are of the back of someone's head or feet up on a footstool in front of a television. There are 2 photos of someone I assume to be Jss. However in one all that is visible is his eyes peeking around a door. In the second, it is a full face shot, but his face is obscured by a plate and a dish towel. Is he doing the dishes?
I put the photos down and a letter falls out of the envelope. It's several pages and I notice on the back of the last page he has written an address in Eau Claire, WI under his signature. Has he moved there? The letter is written on such thin paper, almost tissue paper. Some of the pages are on plastic, like from a bread bag. What is this?
I try to read through the letter but it makes no sense. Some it seems to be a letter to me, yet some it seems just words strung together in nonsense combinations. There are notations on the letter too, as if Jss has stolen someone's notes and used the paper for this letter. Other pages read as though a doctor has read this letter to me and written his own comments on it. From what I can make out, Jss seems to have been committed to a hospital, but it's not explained why. The letter just rambles incoherently. At the end of the letter there seems to be a note from his mother announcing Jss's engagement to a girl. "That can't be right," I mutter.
All the time I'm reading the letter, a big burly man with wild hair has come to take furniture out of my parents' house. My parents are buying new chairs and such and are giving away the old stuff...this man has come to cart the old stuff away. He is alone and picks up the furniture with his own 2 hands. Every now and then he comes into the room where I am reading the letter and asks me questions about the furniture. Every time I just stare at him blankly and return to reading the letter.
And that is where I woke up. Wonder what it all meant, if anything. I hate thinking about Jss...he hurt me and I'd rather just forget about most of our time together. Where did this dream come from? We have books at the store that purport to decode the meanings of dreams. I've looked at a couple, but they just pick out one symbol and ascribe a meaning to it. What symbols do I pick out of this dream and how can I align their meanings to form one coherent meaning for the entire dream?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment