Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas Eve Thoughts

Driving up to Duluth early Christmas Eve evening, I suddenly remembered it was also Shane's birthday. Wondered what he was up to, probably in Braham with his family. Couldn't decide if he was turning 39 or 40; finally decided on 40. Shaun (his twin) too, of course.

Surprisingly (and pleasantly) I had a another memory of him. I recalled how in the evenings when we lived together he would strip down to a t-shirt and his jockey briefs and do the dishes. Often, he would also talk on the phone at the same time (usually to Shaun or his friend Diane). I always loved that sight of him and I find it funny (and wistful) that I still remember it so clearly.

It's nice to have a nice memory of him, rather than the bad ones I associate with him. Made the rest of the drive north a little more pleasant.

No comments: