Tuesday Leslie and I were sitting in the cafe at work and somehow we got to talking about her feet. "They're my best feature," she said. But she stumbled over the last couple of words so I laughed and told her I admired her command of the English language. She blamed it on menopause. "I'm just a hot chick who can't talk." This struck me as really funny and I giggled over it for a good 5 mintues.
I'm still struggling through Stump by Niall Griffiths. The characters Darren and Alastair talk in a very low-class British dialect that is sometimes hard to follow and use the F-word frequently. They also use the c-(rhymes with hunt) word A LOT to describe other men they don't like. Then, when the main character (the man with one arm) explains what he's thinking, he uses the $10 dollar words and stream of consciousness narration. It's like the book is schizophrenic. R.D. is always saying life is too short to read bad books...I hate to give up on this one now as it's only 200 pages and I'm half-way through...
Decided to become a member of church. Haven't been a member of one since the 1980s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment