How does that Doors' song go? "People are strange..."
This past week I have been let down by a colleague (she's not coming back next year and is very unconcerned about it), my principal (who admitted while he did not have all the facts or knew nothing about how things were going, told me the new program in my department was not working out and we would have to change it for next year. When he asked me for my opinions, cut me off every time I opened my mouth and listened to nothing I said when he did let me finish a sentence. Why would he ask my opinion, not listen to it, then proceed to give me his without any information on what he was saying????? The program is going quite well, in all actuality. I should know, I am in the middle of it! Some fine tuning may be needed for next year, but not a complete overhaul as he seems to be implying.) and one of my best friends (who I invited to shopping and lunch today. He accepted and while at the store in one breath told me what I was buying looked great and in the next complained that all the furniture there was crap, bailed in the middle of shopping, skipped lunch, and never offered to help me with my furniture purchase.)
I am not feeling very nice nor sociable right now.
Read the Sunday paper and got even more incensed. Wrote a letter to the editor (thank you Mrs. M for being a sounding board.).
My letter:
In Sunday's "Red & Blue" article, you interview a woman who claims concern about gay marriage and what it "says to [her] children." I believe it simply says that two people love each other very much and are making the ultimate commitment to each other.
Nine pages later is an article on the very tragic Tester murder-suicide. I should think the interviewed mother would be more concerned what that says to her children. Whether two men or two women get married will probably never affect her children. Violence affects everyone.
I would much rather explain to my child that some kids have a mom and dad, some have two dads, some have two moms. I would never want to explain to my child that some moms and dads think that violence is the only way to solve a problem.
Sometimes I feel I am the only sane one on this planet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment