Highlights of The Move:
- My cousin Laura and my friend Jeff are amazingly strong.
- Those same two are brilliant furniture twisting tacticians.
- Despite their brilliance and strength my couch would not fit into Steve's house, short of removing an entire wall. It currently resides in the garage and while I am not too upset about it, I have heard about all the "garage couch party, etc." jokes I can handle.
Once all of our helpers/friends/relatives cleared out, Steef and I unpacked and stared at each other at unguarded moments. "What have we done?" we seemed to be asking ourselves. Here we have two 40+ year-olds making an awfully big change in their lives...the rest of the evening was not without a couple, brief moments of anxiety.
Fortunately, we relaxed/calmed down with 2 of the best possible activities ever invented (no, not that...but maybe later): We went out to eat and hung out at a Barnes & Noble.

No comments:
Post a Comment