Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tuesday Night Write

I've been working on a piece for my memoir writing class. It's supposed to be a character study of Todd, who was my best friend during childhood, but it's coming off more about a facet of our relationship back then.

I started it quite some time ago, but didn't get very far. Since in next week's class it's my turn to pass something out for everyone to read & review for the next week, I was determined to finish it.

I abandoned my original approach and have tried to come at it from a couple of different angles. I'm really surprised how difficult this piece has been for me to put down on paper. I wrote a little bit (in longhand) while at work today and have spent tonight typing it up. Still not quite done, but I need a break. Will probably finish it tomorrow night.

Tonight's Soundtrack: Erasure total pop! (live cd)

No comments: