Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Update

Although this is the weekend leading up to my birthday, I have done precious little pre-celebrating. Showing my age? Good God I hope not. What's the old saw? "I may grow old but I will never grow up."

Friday night finished up Nikki's disc. Found a great scan of a painting online (by Picasso?) that will fit the theme ("Punk Rock Goddesses On The Beach") perfectly. Hope she likes it all.

Saturday...a rare morning to sleep in. Seems as if my few previous Saturdays I had to be up & out early. Liked this one...had nothing in particular to do. Some laundry, some reading, a little stroll in the sun. Very relaxing. Evening I checked out the Eagle, but only stayed an hour and a half. Wasn't really in a "going out" mood.

Today, an absolutely gorgeous day. Before going out I did some Walden work this morning. Very pleased as I got a lot done. Hopefully, by the end of the week Cher and I will be all caught up!

About noon, went to the State Fairgrounds to check out a one-day comic book convention. How weird to be able to drive around the grounds. Since it was nice outside, I walked around a little before and after the 'con'. The con was only dealers, and I knew that going in, but I hadn't been to one for a couple years. Two stands were selling DVDs; each having quite a diverse selection. I was there looking for the 2006 un-aired Aquaman/Mercy Reef tv pilot and found it quite easily. I also picked up some Dr Who: "Scream Of The Shalka" animated series and the 1996 Paul McGann television movie. I don't understand why the latter hasn't been releases officially here in the States. England got an official release! The movie was even made here (and Canada)! Sigh.

Also splurged on a collection of the original SuperFriends cartoons from 1973. I remember them fondly from kidhood...watched a couple when I returned home. Boring! Hope the rest are better or at least live a little bit up to memory.

Tonight just reading the paper, puttering around and finishing laundry. Will watch some Who, probably. Think I will try to save Aquaman/Mercy Reef til Jer has some free time and he can see it too. Maybe M (who really needs to update his blog) would like to see it as well.

No comments: