A few years ago, Erasure did a cover of the Blondie song "Rapture". My friend Timmer and I used to argue whether it was Andy (the singer) or Vince (the musician) who did the 'rap' (about the Martian eating cars, etc.) on the song. I argued for Andy, Timmer was pro-Vince.
That's pretty much how we became friends in the first place, we both loved Erasure.
Anyway, 3 or 4 years ago, Timmer died. He had been staying with his aunt in S. Mpls and just walked away from her home one night...he was bi-polar, which is something I never knew. The police found his body a couple days later in the Mississippi River. It was never determined if he just slipped and fell in or actually drowned himself.
Monday I received in the mail an Erasure DVD I had ordered a month ago. It's of one of their concerts from this year's tour (The Erasure Show--Live in Cologne) and I started watching it tonight. Half-way through, Andy starts singing "Rapture" then runs off-stage to change costume. Vince, still on-stage, picks up a prop telephone and does the rap into it. I so wish Timmer was with me right now watching...we would have had a good old big laugh. I miss him very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment