Sunday, August 21, 2005

Christina

Good news from Christina Friday night.

9 months ago, her heart was at 10% function. She was told to stay as active as she could and put on a no-salt diet and a ton of medication. She spent most of the time in bed.

At her check-up a few days ago, it's up to 25%. The doctors thought that was pretty good, Chris thought it was fantastic. She can now lift and move things, open jars, and vacuum without getting way too tired or even passing out. She says she can even go out to eat with a friend at a restaurant.

She is still on a diet and to keep taking her meds and be active. She's just so happy she can do so much more now.

I just broke down and had a good cry over the bathroom sink for about 5 minutes after we hung up. I had gotten a message that she called on the machine and before I called her back was sure it was going to be bad. Thank you God.

No comments: