Monday, October 25, 2004

Go Bulldogs!

Spent the weekend in Duluth. Was pretty quiet, but seemed busy.

Thursday just loafed around the house with Mom and Dad. Dad and I hit Best Buy that evening look at VCR/DVD combo units for their house. Met Mom at Olive Garden for dinner; 2 beers for Dad, 1 for me, and a glass of wine for Mom. We each of us got a bit silly. A very nice meal.

Friday read just about all day. Still working on Queen of Scots: The True Life of Mary Stuart. I'm now half-way through and the rest should go quickly enough...providing I don't put it down again for an extended period.

Met Jer, his GF, and Tom J at Little Angie's in Canal Park for dinner before UMD hockey game. I was first to arrive, so waited for others. While waiting, I noticed a very cute man watching me intently. Wish I was dining with him instead...

As the others arrived, I lost sight of him. Saw him again as we left. He called to me as we were exiting. One of my former Central students! After he told me his name, I started to remember him. Didn't get much of chance to talk with him. Tom thought he was cute too, and we remarked on it extensively as we walked over to Arena. He said I should have stayed behind and "caught up" with him. I didn't.

Though I really, really, really wanted to...

'Dogs won over Minnesota State (Mankato) 8-3.

Saturday packed car to head back to Cities, when M and Mrs M called. They had been up along the shore for the weekend and invited me to lunch as they passed through Duluth on their own return trip. We met for lunch at Grandma's and a short walk along the canal.

Came home and was very lazy. Saturday pm watched The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring DVD and Sunday watched LoTR:The Two Towers.

Back to school today and car into shop for repairs. Feeling a little down. Walked over the road for a soda from the machine at apt. rental office. Air is cool, feels and smells like Monterey.

Wish I was there...

No comments: